Thursday 31 March 2011

Bad News/Good News Sandwich

I have a sandwich. Some 'bad news filler'  in between 'good news bread'.

So the first bit of good news is that my boss had her last day today which might just spell the end for my menial jobs. Nearly cracked out the champagne and party poppers, but thought that might be mildly inappropriate.
Bad news is that on her last day, I think she celebrated by giving me nothing but menial jobs; spent about an hour taking the staples out of leaflets so they could be recycled (not even sure if that's needed - surely one tiny bit of metal doesn't ruin the whole recycling industry?), then I shredded paper, then I carried a few boxes around. Super fun.
But the second bit of good news is that I have been invited back for a second interview tomorrow for that job I was interviewed for on Monday, and they want me to meet the director. Good stuff.

Awkward thing is that they'll probably make a decision tomorrow and I have another inteview for a job I really want on Tuesday. In the words of my wise father I should just 'be dishonest and don't tell them. If you get the other job, you'll just have to man up and tell them. Worse things have happened at sea' - cracking advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment