Thursday 24 March 2011

March 2nd - Telephone Interview!


Had a telephone interview with Thames Water today. It’s not anything to do with renewable energy, but it sounds interesting and my geographical background certainly fits with their candidate specification. It went fairly well, but occasionally I could just feel myself waffling on for minutes on end about nonsensical things. Anyway, for the most part I was fairly comprehensible and I think I had some good answers. Massively failed at one of the easiest parts – saying goodbye. You know that feeling when your mouth forgets what to say? The interviewer said ‘Thanks for your time, I’ll get back to you soon’. All I had to say was something along the lines of ‘thank you, good bye’. But no, I pause, splutter a bit, then say ‘See you later’?! Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment